Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Drew asked the other day, "Mommy, why does God make bad people?" I told him that God doesn't make bad people, that God makes people and gives them the right to make their own decisions and some people just make bad decisions. This boy is a philosopher!
While driving in the car the other day Drew asked me, "Mom, if you were at the zoo and you had just peeled a banana because you were hungry and the monkeys stole your banana, would you be sad or angry?" He was dead serious and I was trying not to explode with laughter. I answered, "Sad, because the monkey doesn't understand that the banana was meant for me." Really what could I say!?!?
The kids are into telling jokes these days. Grace's favorite is "Why did the chicken cross the playground?...to get to the other slide." As a result every joke that Drew tells has this punch line...to get to the other slide. Knock knock...who is there...to get to the other slide. Who granted the fishes wish...to get to the other slide. You get the picture!!
We can hear the bombs at Fort Riley from our house. We also know a lady named Erma Riley at church. Long story short...Drew asked if Fort Riley was a place or a lady? (Man that lady is really loud!)
Grace and I were talking about why we celebrate Christmas and she asked when Jesus was going to be alive again. I answered that Jesus is alive in our hearts and when we do nice and good things that is the Jesus in us. At this time Drew (who had obviously been listening) sneezed and exclaimed..."Mommy, I sneeze-ed Jesus out of my nose!"
Drew and I were playing spaceships. I said I was going to the moon and Drew said he was going to the honeymoon, so he could eat it...you know, since it is made out of honey and all!
Grace was very angry with me one morning for not spreading the honey all the way to the edge of her toast. In shear frustration she smacked my leg, and as always when we hit we go straight to time out! She was livid with me and as I walked away she cried out, "Your the worst mommy ever...I wish Daddy would have married someone else!" Ouch, that one hurt!
No comments:
Post a Comment